About Lightweight Portable Solar Charger
Please note: For pricing, a quote request must be submitted in order for us to send the most relevant pricing on our products.Quote Request
The LightSaver Max is the most powerful and portable solar solution in its class. An integrated 18,000mAh battery means you can use the Max anytime or anywhere, day or night. Your devices can charge even when the panel is closed, away from sunlight, or indoors. Use it whenever it's convenient for you! The LightSaver Max project was developed to solve a problem. There are a multitude of solar chargers on the market, but there isn’t an all-in-one solar charger that packs the punch of the Max. The Max was developed and created by solar experts who are dedicated to the highest quality and attention to detail. The Max takes advantage of PowerFilm’s years of expertise creating industry-leading thin-film solar panels. PowerFilm products are all made in the USA!
Facing the unrolled LightSaver Max directly toward the sun results in the maximum amount of energy collection. A day’s worth of exposure, 6-8 hours, on a mostly sunny day while laying horizontally should result in a full charge.
* Clouds and haze reduce the amount of sunlight that reaches the LightSaver Max.
• USB-A to USB-C Cable
• 12V Input Charging Cable
• 12V Output Cable
The LightSaver Max collects energy from the sun when available, storing it in the internal battery. That energy is then available to charge a USB or 12V device anytime, eliminating the need to leave your device out in the sun. The LightSaver Max can also be charged using USB or 12V inputs if the solar panel is fully rolled up. A second LightSaver Max or another PowerFilm Solar panel (30W maximum) can be connected to the 12V input to increase solar charging speed (charge time is between 2-3 hours with an additional 30W of solar). Single button press - Turns the outputs on, allowing the LightSaver Max to charge devices. Outputs will stay enabled until the system is shut off, or about 90 minutes have passed with no load on the outputs. If the LightSaver Max is fully discharged, it will disable the outputs. This protects against draining a device’s battery by turning it on and off, which is common in many other solar chargers. Double button press - Changes the state of the flashlight. With the flashlight turned off, the first double press will turn the flashlight on to the high setting, the second double press will change the flashlight to the low setting, and the third double press will shut it off.
Press and hold - Turns off the LightSaver Max. After a press and hold, all LEDs on the outputs will be shut off, indicating the unit has been turned off.Charge the LightSaver Max at least once every three months for the best battery performance. If the LightSaver Max’s battery is completely drained, it may need to charge for a few minutes before the indicator light illuminates. Always store the LightSaver Max in a cool environment with a battery charged over 50 percent. A little water on the LightSaver Max is not a problem, but allowing significant water inside the unit may corrode components. Saltwater is particularly corrosive and should be kept out of the device.
• Angle the solar panel toward the sun for best results.
• Always store in a cool dry environment.
• Routinely clean the solar panel to ensure best performance.
• Compact, lightweight, durable.
• Easy to deploy and easy to store.
• Provides some power even in hazy and shaded environments.
• Light sensitive technology turns on early in the day and stays on later in the day.
• Designed, engineered and manufactured in the United States
• Battery: 18000mAh (60Wh) (Lithium-ion)
• Weight: 1.5lb / 0.7kg
• Power In: Solar / USB-C / 12V
• Power Out: Dual USB (2.5A, 5V)
• Solar Charge: 6-8 hours full sun (2-3 hours with an additional 30W of solar).
• Wall Charge: 3-4 hours (12V) 6-7 hours (USB-C) 8-10 hours (USB)
• Rolled: 13.5 x 2.5 (in) / 342.9 x 63.5 (mm)
• Unrolled: 13.5 x 34.5 (in) / 342.9 x 876.3 (mm)
- LightSaver Max Portable Solar Charger Instructions
- LightSaver Max Portable Solar Charger Spec Sheet